How to file claims related to WWII-era insurance

Claimants can file an application even if they do not know the name of the company under which the policy was held.

Eagleburger, who is the former U.S. secretary of state, said the commission would spend nearly $9 million worldwide on publicity and on processing the claims.

He added that 10,000 Jewish organizations around the world have been enlisted to help those who want to file a claim.

Individuals can obtain a claims packet by:

*Writing to the International Commission on Holocaust Era Insurance Claims at P.O. Box 1163, Wall Street Station, N.Y., NY 10268.

*Visiting the Web site at

*Calling (800) 957-3203.

All claims must be filed by Feb. 1, 2002. The commission is pledging to resolve each claim within two years of filing.